The Katipo 1150 with the Sonicboom is the Ultimate in Productivity on Tim Merhtens Farm
Why is Tim Merhtens, from Spring Hills Farm in South Canterbury, New Zealand, so rapt about the benefits he has experienced on his large operation using our Hustler Katipo 1150?
Tim Merhtens runs a massive operation of 213ha on the South Island of New Zealand. In winter he has 1400 ewe’s plus replacements and between 50/70 cattle. With such a busy operation he has no time to waste.
The Katipo sprayer has been a time saver for Tim on the farm. Being so easy to install onto a tractor with loads of room to connect the PTO & linkage arms, hooking up is a breeze. The fully hydraulic SonicBoom is the ultimate for productivity! Letting you get in and out of paddocks quicker without needing to leave the comfort of the tractor seat. Having selected the optional Hose Reel when getting his Sprayer built has paid off well for Tim. I utilise this for Sheep Jetting too, he says. ‘A very handy tool’.
“I Switched to Hustler because its simple, reliable and has great back up service”
“Quality of the build and very strong, the finishing is very good”
A few reasons why Tim loves his Katipo 1150
1. The ability to get the Katipo attached to the tractor quickly and easy getting the job done!
2. It fits in well with our planting programme, Tim says, the advantage to be able to go into the paddock after it has been sprayed and prior to drilling, or the next time you need to spray any insecticides, saves him so much time.
3. In the summertime to avoid his sheep getting fly Tim can use the hose reel attached to jet spray the sheep. This is a very popular and useful tool on our Katipo.
The Hose reel (Optional Extra) has a new bi-directional mounting system. Built-in reel lock. Built-in gun holder which can be removed easily to be used with another sprayer, making this a very popular and useful for jet spraying sheep.
Read how another farmer has benefited from our Katipo sprayer and hose reel.
6 KEY BENEFITS
- Compact and built to last – Careful attention to detail, smart chassis/tank/pump integration has allowed Hustler to produce the most robust and most compact sprayer available today that no longer needs to be parked on a pallet. Also, has a built-in SkidPlateTM protecting the vital parts from common obstacles faced when spraying.
- Easy To Use – Katipo utilises space wisely with an Ultra-low profile design. Filling from on the ground is quick, safe and easy with the spill catcher, no longer do you have chemicals down your front. A unique CoupleUpTM system makes connecting to filling stations or filling out of a creek with the Katipo pump a snap. Everything you need is handy on the left-hand side.
- Ultimate Agitation – Utilising the latest computer-generated flow simulation we’ve created the perfect flow of liquid within the tank and combined with our new MixMaxTM technology you can be assured that your solution is mixed, and stays mixed.
- Functional – Katipo is loaded with practical features that help you get the job done quicker such as quicker tank emptying, a deep sump that lets you spray on steep terrain, a ViziGaugeTM that is visible from the tractor seat and the ground, optional QuickFlushTM kit that enables you to clean the sprayer in less than a minute, a toolbox that is quickly accessible with plenty of room for spare nozzles, filters and the controller when you park it in the shed.
- Modular Design – Katipo is modular and can have optional time savers fitted as and when you like, or fits your budget. The SlickFitTM spray valving system, lets you choose how you’d prefer to control your new Katipo.
- Boom! – When it comes to booms, you’re spoiled for choice! Three radical new booms, along with New Zealand’s toughest, the DuraBoomTM giving you the Hustler edge.