The Hustler Applic8r sprayer has been “one of the best investments” for this New Zealand farmer
New Zealand farmer Kurt Sloss invested in a Hustler Applic8r LX1150 mounted sprayer. Watch the video to see why the Applic8r has been “one of the best investments” on Kurt’s farm!
Kurt’s farm is located in the Omihi Valley, in north Canterbury, on the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand. They are farming “just over 340 hectares” and they’ve got “about 1550 sheep and a bit of a dairy support, which is Jersey service bulls”.
Kurt has been looking for a new pasture sprayer for several months. Before, he was using a basic spraying unit which was not user-friendly and probably wasted lots of chemicals, and therefore money. So he decided to narrow his search to “something slightly bigger than what I had, a bit more technology, more advanced.”
The Hustler Applic8r mounted sprayer range is entirely customisable to any farmer’s needs. From a very manual, straightforward unit to an advanced, automated one. Applic8r allows the user to mix and match the required features to design the perfect spraying tool!
Kurt chose the Applic8r LX1150 (1150 L) with a 12-m hydraulic SonicBoom with Isobus connection, five-section in-cab electric control, self-leveling attachment, inspection step, hose reel and triple nozzle bodies.
“I chose the LX1150 mainly because of its build quality, it’s a really strong unit,” Kurt said.
“It’s very accurate”
- Air induction nozzles turn the spray from a fine mist to air-filled droplets that drop to the ground and are less likely to drift away.
- GPS tracking systems can be linked to spray controllers to reduce wastage from over-applying chemicals and speed up the application process by reducing the number of passes required to complete the job.
- Isobus is the standard protocol that makes it possible to manage the communication between tractors, software and equipment of major manufacturers, allowing the exchange of data and information with a universal language through a single control console in the tractor’s cab. “You don’t have to worry too much about overlapping because it’s all automated with the with the on-off, it saves a lot of chemicals,” Kurt explained.
- Self-leveling attachment makes spraying on hilly terrain a breeze. It “has really made it stable on the hill,” Kurt confirmed.
- “I got the inspection step included in the unit. When you’re adding the chemical to the top that’s easy just to pop up on that step and fill the chemical into it,” Kurt detailed.
- The hose reel can come in 50 or 100 metres long, a handy addition for spot spraying weeds. Kurt also uses it for “jetting ewes and lambs.”
- The triple nozzle bodies allows you to flick between three different nozzle sizes and water rates instantly. “We use a lot of different rates so it’s really handy having the three different nozzles which are just so easy to change. It’s just a rotation of the nozzle,” Kurt said.
“You can pretty much go into the paddock, turn the unit on and you just keep driving until you’re finished”
I’ve been very impressed with the Hustler so far. It’s been one of the best investments I’ve made on farm and it saved me a lot of time.
All in all, the Hustler linkage boom sprayer range Applic8r – with the industry’s best warranty, unique best-in-class agitation and mixing, toughest design on the market, user-friendly low profile – is simply one of the best compact mounted boom sprayers on the market today.
Customise your Applic8r online and contact us today, you’ll be glad you did!