The 3 Most Common Advantages Leading Ranchers Have Gained By Choosing Hustler’s Bale Processor.
1. More nutritional intake for your cattle
Hay remains intact and is not destroyed. The bale feeder simply teases the bale apart with its unique low speed 3:1 ratio rotors into a tidy windrow without chopping or grinding the bale. This provides some key benefits that great ranchers really appreciate:
- Cattle no longer need to sift through the stalks to find the grain from the bale and the grain is not smashed into fine pieces that are easily lost into soil.
- The leaves of the bale where a large proportion of the nutritional goodness is found, are not smashed to powder and blown away as dust. The Hustler hay processor preserves the leaf so your cattle can eat it.
- Any mould in a bale is separated from the hay without mixing it in, allowing cattle to eat fresh, clean hay.
- Ranchers are reporting up to 80% reductions in mineral supplement consumption, and up to 20% reductions in hay consumption for the same live weight gains, with the same bales!
2. Increased versatility
Whatever bale you have available you can rest assured that Hustler’s Chainless bale processing system will feed it out. Leading ranchers are particularly impressed with the fact that Hustler hay processors process:
- All round bales, including 4 and 5 ft wide, up to 6 ft diameter.
- All square bales even of sizes up to 8 ft long.
- All wrapped high moisture balage (baled silage) bales – without ever plugging!
- All Hay & Straw bales of any forage type – proven with more than 110 different forage types.
- All frozen bales that have been stored outside over winter.
Leading ranchers demand reliability, a key reason ranchers love the simplicity of the Hustler processing system. Finally, a feeding system that is engineered and proven in the coldest of winter environments saving you downtime because of:
- No wearing parts to maintain, replace or vibrate loose and hurt your cattle.
- Simple hydraulically driven design, with no PTO shaft and very few moving parts to keep adjusted, greased and maintained.
- Low speed rotors that allow the tractor to be operated at not much more than an idle, teasing bales apart instead of chopping.
- Virtually no dust to clog air filters on your tractor, stick to your grease points or get in the eyes of your cattle.
- Ultra low power requirement allows the bale processing system to be powered with small tractors and even your pickup should it have a hydraulic supply.
- Ranchers are reporting fuel savings of over 60% compared to their previous PTO powered hay processor.