Saving on back pain and down time with the hustler sl360x
Why has this Austrian diary farmer Karl Schaberreiter, changed from traditional feeding methods to a Hustler SL360X
Karl Schaberreiter runs a small 11-hectare dairy farm with around 20 cows in Strallegg, Austria. Recently they have had to change to silage bales as it is easier to work with on his operation and are able to produce around 300 bales per year. Karl also leases a further 7-hectare piece of land that they use to feed out the silage bales by hand. Straining themselves and having a lot of downtime due to this, they needed a better solution. That’s why they decided to purchase a Hustler SL360X Bale Feeder.
SL360X Round Bale Feeder is easier to use than any other type chain feeder on the market today. It is also the most innovative, with 6 unique features you won’t find on any other bale feeder that makes it easier to use, more versatile, and saves your precious time. The self-loading 3-point linkage mounted feeder is suitable for feeding out all types of round bales.
“We have owned the Hustler Bale processor since May and know that it will last a long time, as it is not a complicated product.”
Some of the great benefits to Karl’s operation with having the SL360X Bale unroller is that you don’t need a very big tractor to use it, which means they can still operate the bale feeder inside the stables. Another advantage has been that Karl can drive into the stables and feed out to both sides with no backing up required.
“We save a lot of time with our Hustler SL360X Bale unroller. It’s not physically hard to operate the Hustler, old men like myself can work it.”
Karl says: We would recommend the SL360X to other farmers. Knowing what is best for your farm is key to success, and this is by far the best investment we have made. Our Hustler works very well, we are delighted and love using it. Everyone has to know what is best for their business, that’s the most important thing.
5 KEY BENEFITS
1. The Snaplox auto connect/disconnect hands-free loading system saves you time, saves you having to tug on a rope to disconnect, and saves you from twisting your back. It’s fail-safe, fast and operates naturally.
2. Toughest chain and floor bars on the market is bullet-proof and lasts the entire lifespan of the feeder. Super strong roller chains with the combined strength of 24,000lbs, with tough 40mm x 40mm zinc-plated bars. Bars are bolted to the chain, a stronger and more easily replaceable system.
3. Tough new Thermoform fully enclosed polyethene floor with covered drive shafts which eliminate wrapping. It’s non-corrosive, impervious to UV, slippery, easily repairable and very shock resistant. Fully enclosed – no wastage of expensive feed. A longer bed can take 5’ long bales.
4. Low maintenance. Just 4 grease nipples are all it takes to maintain the SL-360X round bale feeder, that’s because instead of bushes we use long lasting, fully sealed block bearings, mounted outboard to keep them clean and free of damage from acidic silage juices. We’ve also added bearing covers which prevent debris from causing damage.
5. Flexible design – do you operate in barns, outdoors, on steep country, with a tele-loader, supplement with loose silage or fodder beet? With the flexible configuration of the SL-360X round bale unroller, your new feeder will suit all of the above. No other feeder allows this level of flexibility which gives you peace of mind, should you want to change the way you operate. You won’t need to change your feeder.
Watch our Austrian Diary farmers full story:
“My back doesn’t hurt, and the work is easy. It’s great.”